Caribbean Meatball Skewers
6-8 green onions
½ pound ground pork
1 ½ teaspoons GravyMaster®, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dried ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons chili sauce
16 chunks fresh or canned pineapple or mango
1. Preheat broiler. If using wooden bamboo skewers, soak skewers in water for 15 minutes.
2. Cut 16 (1 inch) pieces from white part of green onions. Finely chop enough from green part to equal 2 tablespoons.
3. In medium bowl, thoroughly blend chopped green onion, pork, ½ teaspoon GravyMaster®, mint ginger and nutmeg. Form into 16 meatballs.
4. In small bowl, thoroughly blend preserves, chili sauce and 1 teaspoon GravyMaster®. Remove 1/3 cup and stir in lime juice for dipping sauce; set aside until ready to serve.
5. On each skewer, thread one piece each of pineapple. Meatball and green onions. Arrange skewers on foil lined baking sheet and brush with remaining apricot mixture. Broil 4 inches from heat, turning once and brushing with additional apricot mixture, 7 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve with reserved dipping sauce.